CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
30th Annual Meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy (SAGP) with the Society for the Study of Islamic Philosophy and Science (SSIPS)
October 19-21, 2012
Fordham University Lincoln Center Campus
New York City
SAGP and SSIPS invite the submission of abstracts for conference papers to be presented at their annual meeting at Fordham University. We invite paper, panel, and roundtable submissions from faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars, although all speakers on panels sponsored by SAGP must be dues-paying members of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy. We especially encourage panel and roundtable proposals. Proposals for panel or roundtable discussions are due by MAY 15, 2012; proposals for individual papers are due by JUNE 1, 2012.
Here are the links to the draft program and abstracts for the 2011 SAGP/SSIPS conference at Fordham University Lincoln Center:
- SAGP/SSIPS abstracts (COMING SOON)
- SAGP/SSIPS conference program (DRAFT)
Panel proposals must include the following:
Please fill out the submission form at http://tinyurl.com/4krm96s no later than May 15. Note that presenters on panels and roundtables will need to submit abstracts of their papers, using the individual paper proposal link below, by June 1.
Individual paper proposals must include the following:
Please fill out the submission form at http://tinyurl.com/4oowjcy no later than June 1.
Proposals MUST be submitted in a format capable of cutting and pasting; proposals sent in PDF will be returned to their authors. Abstracts and author information should be formatted for inclusion in the conference abstract booklet: for an example of such a format, please consult the 2009 abstract booklet (http://www.societyforancientgreekphilosophy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/SAGP-SSIPS-paper-abstracts-2009.pdf).
If you have questions about the conference, the submission forms, or about the Ancient Greek and philosophy panels, contact Anna Lännström (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions concerning other panels, contact:
- Neoplatonism: Geoff Bowe (email@example.com )
- Islamic philosophy or science: Parviz Morewedge (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shalahudin Kafrawi (email@example.com)
- Medieval Western: Thornton Lockwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chinese philosophy: Hyun Höchsmann (email@example.com)
- [Mainland PRC only]: Parviz Morewedge (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Indian Philosophy: Vishwa Adluri (email@example.com)
- Korean Philosophy: Hwa Yol Jung/Parviz Morewedge (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy: Marie Friquegnon (friquegnonM@wpunj.edu)
For questions about membership in SAGP: contact Tony Preus (email@example.com). To learn more about the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy (including membership and conference information), visit us on the web at: http://www.societyforancientgreekphilosophy.com/